So far so good – we’ve run into a few minor glitches over the past week but overall, everything has been working well. So well that I’ve had time to put the finishing touches on some new features. We’re planning on upgrading the site over the weekend. Here’s a brief look at what we’re adding:
- Community Pages – Group managers will now be able to create community pages. Pages can either be private (only for group members) or public. Community pages are also integrated with our comment system and our brand new tag ststem – content posted with a specific tag can be automatically aggregated to a page. For example – all file attachments tagged ‘meeting minutes’ could be aggregated on a documents page.
- Messaging – Contact other members in your groups (or the entire group) with our new messaging system.
- Group Invites – Group managers will be able to invite new local members to their groups by uploading an email list
- Report Browser – You will be able to browse all reports in your community without sifting through the news feed.
- Webmaster Tools – Integrate your NoN group with your existing community website.
The update will fix quite a few things as well. Some of the more notable:
- An issue with the map icons that caused all reports to display the default icon has been fixed.
- A few modifications to the Start Community form.
- There were a few problems with the daily activity emails that have been fixed.
- An issue with the photo upload form has been fixed that prevented multiple photos from being uploaded at once.
- An issue with the photo upload form that prevented some members from uploading profile photos has already been fixed.
We don’t anticipate more than 20 minutes of downtime during the update. We’re also working on creating a series of tutorial videos to help new members get started – we’ll keep you updated.